Legal support

If you are going to court for an order to protect you or if you are attending court for child contact arrangements it may help to have the support of a solicitor. You can represent yourself at court, but it may still help to speak to a legal professional.

Search the Law Society’s official database of legal professional to find a solicitor in your area.

If you are concerned about the cost of legal support, you can find out whether you may be able to get some financial help from the Legal Aid Agency.

Speak to a solicitor with a legal aid contract to work out if you can get Legal Aid for your case.

More about Legal Aid